Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dissertation Digging: Bittersweet


Dear Audience

Over the past few weeks I've been examining the footnotes of the various dissertations I've acquired. In doing so I have found a plethora of primary sources. However, accessibility is an issue in most cases because many primary sources are in the archives of each university that Biz Ed focuses on (including personal correspondence letters, administrative plans, autobiographies, etc..). This is rather irritating, but I documented these sources regardless. I also referred to the author's citations to understand what each primary document entails.

On a positive note- I've found a significant amount of secondary source literature through examining these footnotes. Most of these sources were accessible, despite the fact that nearly all of them pertain to the evolution of research universities as a whole. Many other sources pertain to the development of higher education in the United States as a whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment